페이지

2022년 4월 23일 토요일

1.5.6 I/O System Management

 One of the purposes of an operating system is to hide the peculiarities of specific hardware devices from the user. For example, in UNIX, the peculiarities of I/O devices are hidden from the bulk of the operating system itself by the I/O subsystem. The I/O subsystem consists of several components:

- A memory-management component that includes buffering, caching, and spooling

- A general device-driver interface

- Drivers for specific hardware devices

Only the device direver knows the peculiarities of the specific device to which it is assigned.

We discussed earlier in this chapter how interrupt handlers and device drivers are used in the construction of efficient I/O subsystems. In Chapter 12, we discuss how the I/O subsystem interfaces to the other system components, manage devices, transfers data, and detects I/O completion.


댓글 없음: